Website WildPlum Grocer | Eatery * Grocer * Spirits
Back of House
Compensation: $18 per hour plus tips
The Cook/Dishwasher serves patrons by maintaining a clean kitchen, properly washing, sanitizing and sorting dishes. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized. Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties. adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment. Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen. Executes cold food production in accordance with standards of plating guide specifications. Attends to the detail and presentation of each order. Places and expedites orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITES
- Cleans machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloads and stores deliveries.
- Sweeps and mops floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Takes out the trash and rinses garbage cans.
- Supports other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reports kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Manages other employees in the kitchen
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the restaurant atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Stays open until the last customer leaves
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service
- Alters dishes based on consumer suggestions and/ or dietary requirements
DUTIES AND TASKS
Duties and tasks are varied but standardized. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Math Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
Applies basic skills and procedures appropriate for the position within assigned functional area. Acquires job skills to perform routine tasks.
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Focus
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Action Oriented
- High Energy Level
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Basic Computational Skills,
- Culinary Arts Training
- Kitchen Equipment Knowledge
- Butchering skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and company manuals.
Willingly shares skills and knowledge. Effectively gives and receives feedback.
Basic computer literacy and typing skills required.
Certificates and Licenses: n/a
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years’ culinary arts experience preferred
Fast-paced food-service, restaurant environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit wildplumgrocer.com.