Website WildPlum Grocer | Eatery * Grocer * Spirits
Bartender | Barista
Delivers a pleasant, hospitable, and memorable dining experience for restaurant patrons
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a pleasant drinking experience to customers.
- Serves drinks while maintaining a clean and sanitary bar area.
- Attends to the detail and presentation of each order.
- Prepares and maintains ingredients by following recipes.
- Adheres to proper alcohol handling, sanitation, and safety procedures, and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all beverage items.
- Coordinates daily supply inventory for bar and submits orders to the supervisor; assists with receipt of deliveries.
- Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme drink menus in collaboration with the supervisor.
- Ensures smooth operation of bar services during the absence of supervisor.
- Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules, including dishwashing as needed.
- Assists with orienting new employees to their work area.
- Listens to customer complaints and suggestions and resolves complaints.
- Instructs personnel in use of new equipment and cleaning methods and provides efficient and effective methods of maintaining work area.
- Participates in and/or contributes to programs, committees, or projects designed to improve the quality of service and employee productivity.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Math Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill and ability to safely and effectively operate standard beverage service equipment
- Excellent memory
- Ability to read people and situations
- Free Pouring skills
- Strong mixology knowledge and skills
- Customer service
- Oral communication
- Planning, problem-solving, and teamwork
- High energy Level
Applies basic skills and procedures appropriate for the position within the assigned functional area. Acquires job skills to perform routine tasks.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Basic mathematical calculation aptitude.
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Willingly shares skills and knowledge. Effectively gives and receives feedback.
Basic computer literacy and typing skills required.
Certificates and Licenses: n/a
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum two (2) years of bar or restaurant experience to include drink preparation
- Current beverage service certification or other certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Familiar with point-of-sale computers and software
- Comfortable using a computer, navigating restaurant POS platform
Fast-paced food-service, restaurant environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit wildplumgrocer.com.