Website WildPlum Grocer | Eatery * Grocer * Spirits
Front of House
Compensation: $18 + tips
Free shift meal
15% employee discount at grocery / spirits
25% employee discount at Eatery
Delivers a pleasant, hospitable, and memorable dining experience for restaurant patrons
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Ascertains their dining/lodging needs.
- Monitors restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow.
- Responds to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Performs opening and closing duties, as needed.
- Assists others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Helps fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
- Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Prepares room for dining by setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, explaining the chef’s specialties, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- When working register, accurately ring up customers and make correct change
- Check identification of all guests to ensure compliance with state liquor laws
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Math Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
Applies basic skills and procedures appropriate for the position within assigned functional area. Acquires job skills to perform routine tasks.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to perform simple mathematical computations related to customer billing.
Willingly shares skills and knowledge. Effectively gives and receives feedback.
Basic computer literacy and typing skills required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- High school diploma
- 2-5 years’ server experience
Fast-paced food-service, restaurant environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.