Website WildPlum Grocer | Eatery * Grocer * Spirits
The Spirits Manager oversees management and profitability of the liquor store and bar. Uses past performance, market conditions and strategic planning to forecast supply and demand. He or she coordinates all activities including management, customer relations, and marketing to ensure efficiency and profitability. Schedules entertainment according to budget. Requires significant experience in various facets of the restaurant industry or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist the General Manager in duties related to the successful operations of the establishment.
- Establish purchasing specifications, product storage requirements, standardized recipes, pricing and waste control procedures.
- Maintain effective cost and portion controls to meet profit goals.
- Provide leadership and team building for staff.
- Recruit, hire, manage and discipline FOH personnel.
- Schedule employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget.
- Train personnel in drink production principles and practices and ensure that all recipes and drink production practices are followed.
- Train personnel in liquor store stocking and maintenance practices.
- Train bar personnel regarding food preparation, ingredients, nutritional values and special dietary requests, such as low-fat, low-sodium, low-carb, vegetarian and low-calorie meals and beverages.
- Ensure good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- Implement sales promotion programs, develop local sales and low selling product promotions in the bar and liquor store.
- Participate in all marketing initiatives including virtual happy hours, monthly blog development and sale promotions.
- Represent the image and culture of Wild Plum and act as a role model for the entire staff.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures and hold employees accountable for following them as well. Enforce all policies and procedures by administering prompt, fair and consistent corrective action.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures; assist G.M. in making daily bank deposits.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Maintain inventory with low out of stock conditions and appropriate backstock levels.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $47,500.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
To apply for this job please visit wildplumgrocer.com.